“Testing RESTful Web Services”
Abstract: A lot of folks doing testing (QAs, BAs, and devs alike) have experience testing applications on the front end – a graphical user interface on a website, or a mobile app. One of the often missed parts of these applications is the web services or REST APIs that power those interfaces. In this session we’ll focus on RESTful web services – what they are, how (and why) to do functional and exploratory testing, how we can automate some tests using C#, and tools that we can use to help us test them. Attendees will walk away with the understanding, resources, and techniques they need to effectively test and write automation for REST services.
– Quicken Loans Technology Conference (Detroit, MI 9/27/16)
– CodeStock Conference (Knoxville, TN 5/5-6/17)
– KWSQA Conference (Kitchener, ON 9/25-26/17)
– StarWest Conference (Anaheim, CA 10/4-6/17) | Preview Video
– StarCanada Conference (Toronto, ON 10/15-20/17)
“Your Tester Should Be Your BFFer” or “Your QA Should Be Your BFF” (Dev-focused)
Abstract: Developers and QA have historically had an adversarial relationship, but it doesn’t have to be that way! In this talk we’ll go through the various reasons that developers hate QA, why some of those perceptions exist, and how to remedy them so that developers and QA can work better together and maybe even get along! Attendees will take away ideas to help their teams work together more efficiently by understanding where their QA are coming from, helping to level them up, and hopefully getting along better!
– Great Lakes Area .NET User Group (Southfield, MI 8/13) – lightning talk
– DetroitDevDay Conference (Detroit, MI 11/15)
– Ann Arbor .Net Developers User Group (Ann Arbor, MI 6/8/16)
– CodeStock Conference (Knoxeville, TN 5/5-6/17)
“He doesn’t like you! I don’t like you either!” (Tester-focused)
Abstract: I’m often introduced by developers to other developers like this: “This is Hilary, she’s QA” *cue groan* “No, no – she’s *good* QA”. So why am I a *good* QA, and what makes these other guys *bad*? I analyze the different ways in which developers often despise QA, and what we as QA can do to not only make them see us as the good guys, but also work together in perfect harmony and maybe even grab a beer together as friends. This talk is PG-13!
– QA or the Highway Conference(Columbus, OH 2/14)
– Nationwide Insurance QA Team(Columbus, OH 6/14)
– Quicken Loans Technology Conference (Detroit, MI 7/14)
– CAST Conference (New York, NY 8/14)
General sessions on being a QA, QA as a career, etc.
– PerScholas IT Training (Columbus, OH 6/14)
– Grand Circus QA Bootcamp (Detroit, MI 2015)
– Detroit Labs QA Apprentice Program (Detroit, MI 3/2017)